I had my 7th chemo treatment this past Tuesday on July 2nd. So, only one more to go! Yeah. My last one is scheduled for July 16th. My surgery will be sometime in the beginning of August. I'm just waiting to finalize dates from Docs.
It has been amazing that I have not had the naseau that is expected with this "red devil" medicine. I just experience being tired, and I'm probably gonna loose some nails, but oh well they grow back. Luckily, I have read that they grow back fast.
The kids have been great. They are enjoying summertime. (baseball, swimming, watching movies, playing the wii) Speaking of the wii, Christine said she did not think it was a good idea to change my hairstyle to bald on the wii. She would like to wait until my hair comes back and then change it. Since it will be a surprise, if it will be straight, curly, red, blonde??
Ben has been pretty good. Coping with this illness has been stressful. He would not openly admit it, but who would?!? I am thankfull for our friends and family who reach out and support us. I have always been optimistic person. We are looking forward to having this bump in the road behind us and just being proactive in staying healthy. Knowing and wanting to be Cancer Free will be a welcoming thought. AND a journey in our life that will be with us always.
Hope everyone had a safe and Happy 4th of July.
Please continue to pray for us.
Love,
Alice
Always in our prayers! It was great to see Caroline in Sun Valley, however we missed all of you. I am happy to hear things are going better than expected.....you are incredible! Here is to one more "good one" and then just a memory of the "bump in the road" ......CANCER free baby! We love all of you and look forward to seeing you all sooner than later....keep your head up, love hugs and prayers your way. Love Kirsten, Thomas and Corey
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazingly strong woman, Alice! We are continuing to pray for you! -The DiPuma Fam
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear that you are doing so well! I try to get on facebook and check out the kids, etc. but I'm not good at going in very often and especially making comments. So again it's been great for us to be able to see your updates on email. We miss you all and hope to get to spend time with you when this is all over. Tell Ben and all the kids hi and we love you all and continue to pray that all goes well with the rest of your treatment and your surgery.
ReplyDeleteTeri and I continue our prayers for you and your family
ReplyDelete