Walking with a family through breast cancer. Join Alice and her sweet family as they embark upon their journey through a diagnosis of breast cancer. Please check back often or subscribe to the blog for current updates and join us in encouraging and lifting up this sweet family and the AMAZING Alice!

Monday, June 3, 2013

Fingers Crossed

Tomorrow is the day I receive the new Chemo concoction.  The meds are called Adriamycin and Cytoxcin.  I am hoping to receive this every two weeks, instead of my last 4 treatments being every 3 weeks.  (2 weeks is called  Dose-Dense)  Fingers crossed, that my body can handle this Dosing!  So, then I just receive chemo for 8 weeks instead of 12 weeks.  I just have 4 sessions, left.  The countdown continues...

Just like everyone else, this month has been full of end of school year activities.  Baseball season has ended, although William made the All Star team - So he is busy at more practices and a Game.  Catherine had her Drama Production.  She can't wait for her drama camp she is taking in a couple of weeks.  Christine and Courtney have their dance recital this weekend and Caroline is busy with exams this week and she is excited about becoming a Sophmore in H.S.  She is looking forward to volleyball camps this summer and her travels.  Oh, William and Courtney received their First Communion this past weekend.  They were so excited and truly a blessing to see them in church.  Picture this-- William in a suit, Courtney in a white dress and veil.  As we are walking into church, Court leans over to William and says it's like we are getting "Married".  BOy, William was quick to say "Oh, No we are not!"

Ben and I were able to go celebrate our anniversary finally.  We went out to dinner, I had not felt well in April, so it was nice to go out with Ben.   

Ben has kept busy, not only with the yard.  Which by the way is the color Emerald Green.  He dropped tons (like two and half bags) of Bonus S on the yard.  It is very pretty, but he has to cut it twice now.  Not only has Ben been busy with the Yard, but he sure is having fun Coaching baseball for William's team.

I think you all are caught up.  As always, please pray that things continue to go well.

Love to all,
Alice

3 comments:

  1. Alice...you are incredible! Just sayin' :-)
    The picture of William and Courtney remind me of Pat and I's first communion! Instead of one of us saying we look like we are getting married...it was all the kids on the block saying it. Mom still has my dress and Sam and now the other kids use it for dress up! Sounds like the kids are doing great...here is to you feeling great and pushing through with the smile on your face that never goes away! Love you so much! Kirsten, Thomas and Corey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Lori and Uncle LenJune 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

    It's good to hear from you! What a busy summer you have planned. It's amazing to me how your family life continues as tho nothing is going on. I'm sure this is good in a way. I just hope you are taking time for yourself. Good luck with the latest chemo tx.
    The twins are looking so grown up! Congratulations to them and to you and Ben on your anniversary. Glad you were finally able to celebrate it.
    We love you all and continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI ALICE! I didn't realize your date the other night was to celebrate your Anniversary! That's great!! So I think you and Ben should plan a Date Night once a month now! Even better, just fly me down for the weekend and you guys can have a really long date!.......

    Thank you, again, for taking your Treatment with your chin up. You're staying positive and very strong... I'm positive that that is not easy to do, and we're all so proud of you and in awe of you.

    Sooo when are you booking my plane ticket?! Haha

    ReplyDelete