Walking with a family through breast cancer. Join Alice and her sweet family as they embark upon their journey through a diagnosis of breast cancer. Please check back often or subscribe to the blog for current updates and join us in encouraging and lifting up this sweet family and the AMAZING Alice!

Monday, May 13, 2013

As time goes by

I feel as if this year is flying.  I know with the school year coming to an end, dance recitals, drama plays and baseball tournaments the month of May is JAM Packed!  This is the usual for us, except now I have my Chemo treatments that play a part of our lives.  My 3rd week is always just great.  I feel totally normal (except for no hair--which I'm used to, as Christine says I'm her "adult baby", I can taste food and I'm out and about.  Don't get me wrong, my first two weeks of chemo are o.k.  I'm just tired, and not very hungry.  I try and keep things as normal as possible.

So, my Fourth treatment occurs tomorrow.  WhooHoo!!  This will be the last time, I receive the medicine Taxotere.  My next FOUR treatments will be the Adriamycin and Cytoxan.  Apparently, these are tough.  But, again--all patients react differently and have symptoms according to his/her body. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I do really well. (Please, Pretty please, please!!)

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
Take care,
Alice B.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Already your 4th treatment?! Good luck today! Thinking of you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Lori and Uncle LenMay 15, 2013 at 8:58 AM

    It's good to hear how things are going and that your are progressing well. Your attitude, strength, and outlook continue to amaze us and we are so glad to see this. We were talking about how plans change and you all will have to postpone your visit this summer. By next summer all should be good and we'll see you at the reunion! We love you all and say hi to the kids for us! (and Ben, of course....could he be included in the 'hi to the kids??) Just kidding Ben. We miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of you so often! So thankful it as gone so well thus far and pray it will continue! Your a ROCK Star "Adult Baby"! :)
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali, As ALWAYS in our thoughts and prayers! I sure hope things went "really well." Love to you all...xoxoxo
    Kirsten, Thomas and Corey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly funny thinking of Christine naming you her 'adult baby'.. I can just hear that now, ha! I love you, Alice and thank you so much for staying strong.. I'm very sure it is not easy but I hope you can feel the love and support from your friends nearby and your family all around. Thinking of you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali, How I have always admired your strength, humor, and tenacity! You got this, girl! Much love, Mary "Jeni"

    ReplyDelete