Walking with a family through breast cancer. Join Alice and her sweet family as they embark upon their journey through a diagnosis of breast cancer. Please check back often or subscribe to the blog for current updates and join us in encouraging and lifting up this sweet family and the AMAZING Alice!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Now it is September.

I am going on my fourth week since surgery.  I'm feeling really good.  I had my first of Nine infusions last Tuesday.  This medicine is the Herceptin Targeted Therapy medicine, I have to take due to the type of Cancer I had!  The infusion only takes about an hour maybe an hour and half.  Certainly, not as long as the Chemo treatments.  So, now I'm on a new countdown.  After all of this, I will have a surgery to remove the port.  Whoo Hoo!!

My incisions from surgery are doing well.  I have a plastic surgery check up tomorrow.  I hope to get clearance to start walking on the treadmill.

Two things left to say:

It is unbelievable to have had all the love and support, our family has received from family and friends.  I want to thank you all from the very bottom of my heart.  Thank you, Thank you.

Also, my sister--Scarlett (Carlie) is participating. Please take the 
opportunity to donate for the Susan G Komen race!

http://www.komennyc.org/site/TR?team_id=50501&pg=team&fr_id=1320&et=xINe7a1KKLjLRW_nb1H_1g&s_tafId=64496

Take care,
Alice B.

2 comments:

  1. Alice! What's kicking?
    How are you? How are the kiddos doing back in school?! Thinking of you and the family ~
    Love,
    Carlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, thank you for posting the race link!! NYC Susan G Komen events overall goal is $6millon! That's terrific.

    ReplyDelete