It's been a week since I was discharged from the hospital . Alot has happened.
To sum it up:
When I was discharged I left the hospital with some extra baggage. Six drains - two connected to each side of chest and two below my belly. These friends were a little tricky to disguise. I was able to attach them to undershirts and then wrap them against me like I was packing extra padding.
I was able to sleep and rest quite a bit.
Friday was a big day. I had a doc appointment with my breast surgeon. First, since my drains were cooperating and my body adjusting it was deemed that all six can be removed. I was a little nervous, it would hurt but all I felt was pressure. Thank goodness!
AND we were able to review and go over the full pathology report.
*****Drum roll *****
Absolutely, unequivolantly no cancer was found. My case was called a pathological clinical response. Cancer free. Cancer was undetectable.
I had responded to the chemotherapy.
My lymph nodes were benign, no cancer had spread there or ever been in the nodes. Thank goodness! The result being no radiation needed.
So my diagnosis for Breast cancer was Stage II, Her2positive, no lymph nodes.
I will always need to know this as well as my children. I have been informed that this type of breast cancer due to it being Her2positive, is not hereditary, but its certainly something my sisters and children will have to know, now and forever!
After my appointment, I would say hearing this path report took some weight off our shoulders. Ben has been a trooper, but not without some wear and tear. Lets just say stress is not kind to my dear husband. I love him, he has always and will forever be my best friend.
I have been blessed with family and friends taking care of my family. Everyone helping out by taking care of the kids, bringing us meals, and keeping us in their prayers. Oh, and all the beautiful flowers and yummy goody baskets.
Thank you for all thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Alice B.
O Alice we are so happy that you are feeling so well. I am sure that the results of your tests lifted your spirits and Ben's. We love you all and cannot wait to see you and the whole family. Love Aunt Veronica and Uncle Dave
ReplyDeleteWOW! That is certainly a HAPPY Ending to this adventure!!! So thankful for the healing and the courage you demonstrated! CONGRATS to you and your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
The Roths
This is the best news ever! I have to say I was worried about you going home so soon after the surgery. It will take some time to completely heal and I hope you continue to allow others to help you out. We both admire your whole family so much and love you all. And we will be ready to have you visit us before another year passes by!
ReplyDeleteHow's today going for you, and the family? I hope you might be able to enjoying sitting outside on the back porch if it's cool and comfortable enough for you. I'll also have to hear about the books you've been reading lately. Thinking of you, Alice... a lot of love, Carlie
ReplyDelete