Walking with a family through breast cancer. Join Alice and her sweet family as they embark upon their journey through a diagnosis of breast cancer. Please check back often or subscribe to the blog for current updates and join us in encouraging and lifting up this sweet family and the AMAZING Alice!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bye bye ICU

So I have been in the ICU for almost two days.  While in the ICU, I am checked every hour. Needless to say,  sleeping has not been ideal. Ben has been a trooper sleeping or trying to sleep on the small couch with his feet hanging off.  Moaning from his direction occurs on the other hour.

Hopefully this is the plan for today: I get unplugged from all machines, monitors and pumps --- then I can walk.

I'm also looking forward to eating solid foods.

I am asked about the pain, but to me I just have tenderness and feel sore.  But I might be in for a rude awakening.

It is amazing to feel loved by everyone ( family, friends and people that I do not even know!)




1 comment:

  1. Aunt Lori and Uncle LenAugust 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM

    We have been checking our email often just to hear this good news! Alice, you are amazing and you are loved so much! I can see you being a great inspiration and mentor to women with breast cancer once your surgery heals. Hope you enjoy something wonderful to eat once you are allowed to! Lots of love....hugs (gentle ones) and kisses.

    ReplyDelete