I am home in my own bed. I was discharged this evening. The doctor mentioned this morning that I was able to be leave this evening if I wanted. He actually said he has had two patients now it will be three that have just stayed in the hospital three days. I was doing great and still am. That usually most patients are doubled over ( no pun intends for the double mastectomy) and in severe pain still.
I can honestly say yes I'm uncomfortable but it is something I will get thru.
I was switched from the IV pain med to pain pills and that was going well so it was decided-- I would go home. I called home about 6:30 to tell everyone and by 7:30 I was all tucked in my bed. The kids were excited and happy to see me. They have to learn no hugging and be delicate around me for a time ( I have six drains in- they will come out hopefully within two weeks).
So, I just woke up had a snack, my meds and gonna say good night
Thnk you for all the prayers and well wishes
Love, Alice
Sleep well in your own bed!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy that you are home with your family, God Bless
ReplyDeleteGeez...did Ben get you a SuperWoman shirt? It seems like just yesterday he was here telling me that "tomorrow" was the big day....and here you are now already back home. I must say if this had been Ben we all know he would still...or rather YOU would still be posting from his bedside. (wink and grin)
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear how well you are doing. I will continue to keep you in my prayers and thank you for keeping us updated. I am here if you guys need anything at all.
~Debra
Thanks so much for the updates. We continue to lift you all up in prayer for smooth and speedy recovery.
ReplyDeleteThe Flaskamps
Len and I can't believe you are home! And I am just worried you will try to do too much so please pretend you are still in the hospital and let everyone wait on you! We love you and are glad everything has gone so smoothly. We will sigh with relief when the drains come out and you are headed towards complete recovery!
ReplyDeleteRest physically, rest mentally, rest emotionally, just REST. Take this time to re-set and heal your body, mind and spirit. Though I know you're in good spirits by the way you sound and we're lucky you're the practical and positive woman that you are :). A lot of love to you and Ben and kiddos!!!!!
ReplyDeleteStill recovering from falling out of my chair the other day when I read you were home!!! Hope you are resting and managing the discomfort. LOVE your attitude! See you soon!
ReplyDeleteThe Roths