Alice is home now and glad to be there. The surgery was uneventful and the port is now in and ready to deliver the chemo to kick the cancer OUT! Chemo starts Tuesday. Anyone got any fabulous book recommendations? She likes to read and a good book may pass the time while she gets her treatment. If she isn't reading, I am sure Ben will provide some random entertainment. The thought of that possibility is reason enough to recommend a good - even just okay - book! Am I right?
They are doing well. She was all smiles going into surgery. Ben was a trooper, too. A great attitude makes life easier and Alice is certainly a great attitude sort of person. The treatment plan is underway...a crazy three weeks, it has been for them.
Here are some book suggestions that one of my Adult Librarian friends recommended. I will be happy to grab any that are available or place them on hold. And then I can drop them by or put them aside for Ben to pick up when it is a good time.
ReplyDeleteSweet Tooth by McEwan
Light Between Oceans by Stedman
Sutton by Moehringer
San Miguel by Boyle
Where'd You Go Bernadette by Semple
Tigers in Red Weather by Klaussman
The 500 by Quirk
The Ex Pats by Pavone
With love and support, Lynne