Hi everyone, O.K. So this is my first attempt at blogging. I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks to my wonderful friend Bridget who set this up in conjunction with Ben.
A recap of the week, I received my first chemo treatment of eight on Tuesday ( March 12). I had a nice cozy room to myself at the infusion clinic. It used to be an ICU section but now converted. I was there for about four hours. I received my chemo concoction, saline, and a ton of information. The nurses were great and of course Ben was there to try and make this all about him. ( you know was he comfortable? no, he had a regular chair not my lounge chair, should he eat something? What should it be? All kidding aside we all know Ben and this is how he operates to try and make the time fly by).
Since receiving my chemo, I have just experienced a little bit of side effects. Like- Dizziness, being tired and sore throat. So on a scale of one to ten ( 10 being the best !) I would rate how I feel as a 7 1/2 maybe 8.
Spring Break for the kids was great. To be honest, this week was probably the hardest on me not because of starting chemo but because this was the first spring break EVER that I did not spend with the kiddos.
Besides keeping you all updated on the blog, I need to buy a little calendar book to keep track of my side effects to make the docs aware and I can reflect back on (maybe) and I need to buy a little book that I'm calling Ben's Blunders. Seriously, everyone of you know how Ben is and his humor or lack there of. HaHa. He has a minimum of 10 blunders a day he can make, this might fluctuate. For example, a blunder is as simple as him saying "Alice, when will dinner be ready?" Or the laundry is not going to be put away by itself!
All my love to friends and family. XOXO ~ Alice B.
Hi, Alice,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. I have wondered about you all week and hoped that things went as well as possible. I will continue to think of you this week, too, and look forward to talking to you soon. Lynne
It's good to hear how your chemo went. I'm sure it is very hard for you not to continue doing everything you have always done with the kids, even if you don't feel up to par. Hopefully you will realize that you have spent years taking care of everyone and now it's time to let someone else take care of you for a while! We enjoyed reading your blog and hearing about Ben (made us smile). We continue to keep you, Ben, and all the kids in our prayers during this time. We love you all. Aunt Lori and Uncle Len
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are blogging! I am glad you are feeling 8ish. I give your attitude a 10! I will find a filter for Ben. Until then just remind him it's your world he is just in it! It sounds like all the kids had a blast over spring break sorry it was hard for you. You are more intentional about doing stuff with your kids than almost anyone I know - one of the MANY things I admire about you- so I think you have fun time credits in abundance!
ReplyDeleteHugs to you all!
Bridget and Crew
Hi Alice - So glad to hear the count down has begun. Every treatment is one step closer to being healthy. We love you and think of you often. Aunt Teri & Uncle B
ReplyDeleteYay, your first blogpost:). How's Ben's Blunder book coming along? Thinking of you, Alice... I hope when you rest it's able to refresh your energy and spirit. Big hug~
ReplyDeleteAlice, Your blog looks great and kudos to you on your first post! I have told Bridget that when I get cancer, I want her to set up my blog! We just celebrated with my mom this past weekend over her completion of chemo and radiation for breast cancer. I will look forward to rejoicing over your completion of treatments in a few months. In the meantime, I will be praying for you that things go smoothly, that the medicine effectively does its job, that side effects are few and minor, and that Ben feels as comfortable as possible throughout the process. :-) My husband Josh is the same way with the humor, so I know how that goes!
ReplyDeleteSending love and prayers your way,
Denise Cummings
Poor Ben... hope
ReplyDelete