Walking with a family through breast cancer. Join Alice and her sweet family as they embark upon their journey through a diagnosis of breast cancer. Please check back often or subscribe to the blog for current updates and join us in encouraging and lifting up this sweet family and the AMAZING Alice!

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter


This last week and weekend has been great.  You certainly would not know that I had been sick, or not felt well.  It is true for the cycle of chemo - the three week time frame the first week is no bueno, 2nd is ok, 3rd is great.  I have been able to visit with my sisters and parents all weekend.  The kids have had a terrific time playing with their cousins.

SO, now for the second round of chemo - it starts this Tuesday.  Yeah!! (I guess...)

I am anxious to get another round of chemo behind me.  I will say that the miracle of medicine is amazing.  I had a check up with the doc this past week, and I verified with the doc that my cancer has disappeared!  Yes, that is right.  I have and am responding to the chemo.  Simply amazing.  The lump (or tumor) is gone.  It cannot be felt!  WHOO HOO  :)

Wish me luck on my round of chemo this week.  Prayers and thoughts coming our way.
Oh, by the way--Ben has been on pretty good behavior.  Not sure, if he just waits to misbehave for when I do not feel well.  But, I do know he does deserve a Great Dad and Hubby Award.

XOXO,
Alice


4 comments:

  1. Made my heart smile to read the update! Beautiful family pic!!! Hugs to you all!- The Roths

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice and Ben, thanks for the update that makes us very happy and we will continue to pray for a good week and for continued good success.

    The Flaskamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice, that is thrilling news that the cancer is gone! Already! I've been following your updates faithfully and sending good thoughts and prayers your way. we miss you in zumba but hopefully you'll be shaking it again soon enough with us. Blessings to you and your family! Elizabeth Barbour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic - only wish Ben had been in the center... Alice, so glad you were feeling well with the kids being out of school and all. Hannah took Damon camping this week-end --- it was his very first time. They got to see manatees in the river - how cool is that! However, she said it was not at all how she remembered -Sunday morning memories were different: waking up slowly, walking a few steps to the table where French toast made from challah was being served with thick bacon and sliced fruit with either milk or orange juice, packing her personal belongings, then playing with the dog and a kid or six while waiting for the campsite to be cleared - we made it look too easy! Just like you are doing now... hope

    ReplyDelete