So, it is has been one week since my 2nd chemo treatment. This one has gone pretty smoothly. The difference is the day after the chemo treatment, I went in and received a Neulasta shot. This enables my body to produce more white blood cells and reduce the risk of infection
I can definitely tell a difference. Just the occasional fatigue and the dreaded "No Taste"side effect. I'm just saying if you want to go on a diet, just imagine food and drink not having a TASTE. I'm so surprised some person has not created a pill/drug etc... that gets rid of taste buds responding to anything. Boy, that would certainly be some Diet. I have not lost a ton of weight, it just is difficult to think of eating when I know that there is no taste. I'm eating as healthy as can be! I now that is what I have to do.
Things are going well at home. Ya'll know Ben - He copes with things by keeping himself busy. So I think he is trying to achieve "Yard of the Month" ! He keeps himself busy by creating things he needs to do in the yard. The yard does look great, but I think we need to do some spring cleaning in the house. I think I will pick out a paint color for him to paint the gameroom.
Important dates to remember:
Next Treatment is April 23rd.
Also in April - Our Wedding Anniversary. Wow :)
***This could be a reminder to Ben, I guess we will see***
Glad to hear ur doing so well! :) I think Ben would LOVE to paint any room you wanted perhaps he could even paint a mural for you! :)
ReplyDeleteMiss yall and think of you often!
The Roths
Isn't the anniversary on the 12th...!?
ReplyDeleteLove you, Alice, and glad the side effects are minimal right now.
xxoo
Thanks for the update, Alice. It's good to know you are hanging in there and feeling ok. We continue to think about all of you and wish we were closer so we could help out some. Sounds like Ben is doing a great job keeping busy! We love you! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad to hear you are doing well! Your family is in our daily prayers and if there is anything that we can do to help with the kids, the house, dinners, laundry etc. We are a phone call or an email away. Miss seeing all of your smiling faces on the street!!
ReplyDeleteThe Surratt Family
Hi, I hope you and Benny and the kiddos have a great weekend planned? Thinking of you guys, love you very much.
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a good week! We think of Bauderland daily!
ReplyDeleteThe Roths